STRIKERTLC

STRIKERTLC
Live. Love. Laugh

Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Forgiveness

A few weeks ago I wrote about a woman who came in, raised hell, and threatened to stab me in the heart with a knife. Today she came back, asked to speak with me, and then asked if I remembered who she was (I did). As I was standing there I thought, OK, she is either going to whip out a gun and shoot me, or she is hear for round 2 of screaming my head off. To my surprise she asked if I remembered the events of her previous visit (of course, how could I forget) and then she offered an apology, admittedly sincere. I was shocked.

This may seem like a small act, but in my line of work this NEVER happens. It got me thinking, how often to do we admit we are wrong? It takes a person of strong character to swallow their pride and admit to have been wrong, apologize for our actions, and ask for forgiveness. Do we do this enough? And for those on the receiving end such as I was, do we forgive enough? I think too often in life we get caught up in the notion of having to be right. Humans are selfish by nature, and often we push our ideas, our thoughts, and our wants off on others. Let's take a step back and let others into our equation of life. Let's try to be a little bit less self-serving and consider the feelings, attitudes, opinions, wants, and desires of those around us. We aren't perfect, but admitting our imperfections is the first step towards it. Forgiving those around you, recognizing their imperfections, now that's the second step. I really believe that if we all try to do these two things a little bit more, the world could be a much better and happier place.

1 comment:

kleverasever said...

This is a great reminder. Srsly. thank you.