STRIKERTLC

STRIKERTLC
Live. Love. Laugh

Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Rules of the Drive Thru

The Top 15 Do's and DONT's of the ordering process...

1. If you're on your cell phone... GET OFF... how am I supposed to know if you're talking to me or someone else?

2. If you want fast service, know what you want, speak up, and have your money ready... it really isn't that difficult.

3. Speak clearly, and preferably in English. If you don't speak English come inside and point at a picture, otherwise I can't help you.

4. If you want something ask for it, I do not read minds, and NO you cannot add on at the second window.

5. PAY ATTENTION. If I repeat your order to you, listen and make sure it is correct, don't tell me 5 minutes later this wasn't what you wanted when I asked if your order was correct and you said yes. Ordering takes two... you speak, I listen, then I speak, you listen.

6. Go to the bathroom BEFORE you order... it is not my fault you took 8 minutes for your BM and your food sat there and got cold.

7. Extra sauce costs 50 cents... get over it. This is nothing new.

8. Distribute the food to your 5 screaming kids after you've pulled out of the drive thru, there are people behind you waiting patiently to pull forward.

9. My arm span is not 8 feet, pull next to the window, I will not climb out the window to hand you your food... and its probably not a good idea for you to climb through your sun roof WHILE you car is still in drive... and when you do, how is this my fault? Last time I checked, the building was stationary.

10. Ordering in the DT is not the time for: domestic disputes, child abuse, arguing, yelling, or cursing. Save it for later.

11. No I cannot throw out your garbage for you - 1. I don't want to touch it and 2. do I have garbage girl written on my forehead? Clean out your car every once in a while and throw it away yourself.

12. Do not pull up the speaker, say "This is Steve" and expect me to know you prefer your coffee half decaf/half regular, 2 creams, 5 sugars, one ice cube, stirred well, and spoon on the side...

13. Do not skip the ordering process in general pull to the second window and wonder where your food is... you sir forgot a critical step in the process, not me.

14. Do not expect me to recognize you by your car, do you know how many white pickup trucks come through every day (Steve)?

15. If you're deaf or mute... this might be a good time to come inside, and bring a pen and paper it expedites the process immensely. Do NOT however curse me out via pen and paper when I give you EXACTLY what you wrote down - I'm sorry, but this language barrier just isn't my fault, maybe YOU should be a bit more patient.

No comments: