STRIKERTLC

STRIKERTLC
Live. Love. Laugh

Friday, March 19, 2010

on the coast of somewhere beautiful...

~ Mom and I have arrived safe and sound in Cozumel. The flights went OK, had a pair of young brothers sitting behind me, the youngest kept kicking my chair. I turned around to yell at him after it woke me up for the 2454th time, but saw that he was pleasantly sleeping, feet stretched out against the back of my chair, he looked so peaceful and cute I didn't have the heart to wake him up. We had a 3 hour layover in Houston. I pulled some rows of seats together and we stretched out and slept for another hour or so, then we ventured out for breakfast. Stay away from Ruby's Diner if you're ever in Houston airport... just NASTY. It's really hard to screw up eggs, but they did! The second flight mom and I had the row to ourselves, I stretched out and slept the who way - I didnt even stir for takeoff or landing! We are rather tired, so we're heading to bed early tonight. The rooms weren't ready when we got here, so we layed around in a hammock rocking back and forth, talking, and relaxing until the room was done. This afternoon we read, spent more time in the hammock, sun bathed, and then walked into town to check out some shops. Several strange men yelled "ay chica bonita" and were practically chasing us down the street, that was exciting! I tried to talk mom into a pair of linen black pants, but we couldn't get past the saggy butt problem... she needed a big "lift" in those pants. For dinner we treated ourselves to a GRANDE margarita. Mom had the Penne alla vodka, it was good, except it was missing the vodka tomato cream sauce. We still can't figure out where that was in the dish? I had a NY steak and was pleasantly surprised at the tastiness of it. We must have been famished because both devoured our meals. Finally, we topped it off with a big bowl of chocolate ice cream. Now, for those of you that know me, you KNOW I happen to LOVE chocolate ice cream. What a great end to a start of a wonderful vacation. I am very excited to be having a little mother daughter bonding time with my mamma. It is nice to be away from school and work and to just RELAX! It has been a long Quarter and I am going to enjoy these few days off. Neither of us can keep our eyes open any longer (yes it is only 7 back home) so we are hitting the sack. I bet mom wakes up at 4 am bright eyed and ready for the day... you know me, I'll hibernate for the next 11 hours and still need more sleep.

They don't call me panda for nothing!

I took some pictures of the resort which I'll work on posting tomorrow, just too tired tonight!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

HBLB I am so happy your actually enjoying your vaca... I envy you right now and look forward to chatting again soon... I hope the diving adventure is awesome!! Make sure you take good pics... Your my eyes there.. I want a full report when you get back!!