STRIKERTLC

STRIKERTLC
Live. Love. Laugh

Monday, March 22, 2010

Ski Jackets in Mexico?


Mom and I woke up at 5 am to stormy skies and raging seas today. We laid around wondering what the dive situation was going to be until 7 when breakfast opened up. The head port master had all the boats on lock down until the weather cleared. Since we didn't get to dive we spent the morning roaming around town looking at all the junk for sale and avoiding all the random street men screaming the worlds worst pick-up lines at me. My favorite of the day was "hola. chica bonita. a la derecha (i was walking on the right side of my mom), chica, chica, hola, QUE BONITA!.... (switches to english as mom and I keep on walking), excuse me miss, you dropped something... oh it was my number!" we kept walking and then got yelled at for being rude americans because I failed to acknowledge his pathetic attempt at getting my attention. Pardon me, but you sir, were interrupting my morning stroll! We came back, had a quick lunch, and then headed to a local spa to get a massage and facial. Boy was that fantastic! A bit of pampering to end the trip! My massage lady was incredible, she practically beat the shit out of my back, and I am quite certain I'll be bruising tomorrow from it, but it was worth it. She found knots all over, deep ones, and used her elbows, knuckles, knees, and who knows what else to get them out. I like strong massages, but this one was ROUGH. I'll be sore tomorrow, but will feel great in a few days. After the spa we walked back into town for one more looksee then headed back for Fiesta night. The big party night turned out to be a big dud because of the weather. There was a big group in from Minnesota and most of them were wearing ski jackets, they were so cold. Who woulda thought??! come to mexico and wear ski jackets over spring break. I must say, I do feel a bit robbed out of my sunshine, but the bonding with my mama and relaxing was well worth the trip. I feel very refreshed having had a few days off from my very busy and hectic lifestyle. I'm recharged and ready to head home and barrel back into everything. I'm very lucky to have such a good mamma who will go travel the world with me, she is such a good mamma and a great friend! Thanks to all for your love and support, I feel very blessed to have such a wonderful family and friends in my life. Smile... life is beautiful :)

No comments: