STRIKERTLC

STRIKERTLC
Live. Love. Laugh

Monday, August 9, 2010

8.09.09

Today's post is in remembrance of the life of a wonderful man who left this world one year ago today. The father of a youthful friend, he was a shining soul here on earth and he is shining even brighter down on us in Heaven. I wish I knew him better, for the legacy he has left, the strength his children display daily, the stories and memories that flourish all around his family and friends, continually remind everyone who knew him how amazing he was. My favorite memory of him was from a soccer tournament when we were younger. The girls all had pizza delivered, but the parents, they partied... an unforgettable crab boil, plenty of drinks, lots of smiles, laughs, and stories told. I was new to the team but him and his family always welcomed me and my family into the group. He really was a wonderful soul, full of LIFE, and hope, and laughter, but most of all love. To his family and friends, we can't take away the sorrow of him being gone, but we can relish each and every memory that we hold deep in our hearts. Keep on living, keep on dreaming, and he'll keep shining down on you....

<3

No comments: